Alabama had a standard full-pads practice on Tuesday in preparation for Georgia and the SEC championship. As with yesterday, they stayed inside to get ready for playing in the dome.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- First, what you all want to know. OLB Terrell Lewis was practicing again and was in full pads. I was unsure of whether he’d have to go through the acclimation period the other players do in fall camp, but it looks like he’s on the same practice schedule as the other players.
- We won’t get official word on his status until tomorrow night, when Nick Saban addresses the media. Stay tuned for that.
- DL Isaiah Buggs (hyperextended knee) was with the defensive line and seemed fine.
- Something I had missed until today: Chadarius Townsend is practicing with the DBs rather than the receivers. He was in a white (offense) jersey today but with the DBs.
- Elsewhere with the DBs, Keaton Anderson moved up to second team safety in nickel packages with Eddie Smith after Jared Mayden’s suspension. We should get a look at the dime package tomorrow.
- Senior RB Ronnie Clark was wearing Elijah Holyfield’s No. 13 jersey for scout team work.
- The Saints, Packers, Cowboys and Jets all had scouts at practice today. A couple of them were speaking with nutritionist Amy Bragg as we walked in.
That’s all for today. Be back with one more set of notes tomorrow.
teaitup likes this