Alabama had a standard Tuesday practice outside today as the Tide prepared for Mississippi State on Saturday. The team wore full pads, as is normal today.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- One absence I noted that hadn’t been mentioned on the injury report before: backup ILB Joshua McMillon. Freshman Ale Kaho was playing in his place.
- On to guys who were listed on the injury report. Najee Harris (ankle sprain) was dressed but didn’t appear to be doing much. The running backs were on the far side of the field and hard to see, so I could have missed something.
- Here’s what Nick Saban said about Harris on Monday: “We’re hopeful that by Tuesday or Wednesday he’ll be able to come back and do some work. But right now he’s day-to-day.”
- Wide receiver Henry Ruggs III (leg bruise) was dressed and appeared to be participating at full speed. Saban said this about Ruggs on Monday: “We think Ruggs will be fine. Probably keep him out of practice today but expect him to be back practicing tomorrow. So hopefully we can get that group a little bit more healthy as we go. I think that’s going to be important for us especially in a game like this.”
- DeVonta Smith (pulled hamstring) was dressed and participating as well, but might not have been at 100 percent. He was running routes, though I couldn’t quite tell if he’s at full speed or not. He did play against LSU, so he should be able to play in this game as well.
- Jalen Hurts was warming up with the quarterbacks and looked to be doing more than last week. Athletic trainer Jeff Allen was still with the quarterbacks but not right at Jalen’s side.
- Deonte Brown appeared to be taking snaps at left guard again. Will probably stop checking on this unless something happens.
- Haven’t seen Terrell Lewis at practice yet, by the way. Someone is sure to ask about that at some point.
That’s all for today. One more open practice tomorrow.
teaitup likes this