There was no viewing period of Alabama practice on Monday, but the Crimson Tide was back at it on Tuesday. The team was outside and working on full pads for a standard Tuesday practice.
- Defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) was not present during the viewing period. Nick Saban said yesterday that he would be day-to-day. Tony Brown took first team snaps at nickel in Fitzpatrick’s place.
- Left guard Ross Pierschbacher (high ankle sprain) was also not at the open period. He’s expected to be out this weekend.
- With Pierschbacher out, J.C. Hassenauer was working with the first team at left guard. Saban had praise for Hassenauers’s performance when we spoke to him yesterday. Josh Casher was the second-team left guard.
- Injured inside linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton (knee) wasn’t participating as a player but was at practice with his position group helping out a bit today as a player-coach.
- Rashaan Evans was the first player through drills at inside linebacker, followed by Dylan Moses. Keith Holcombe was the third player there.
- Wide receiver Cam Sims had a heavy bandage on his hand when we spoke with him yesterday, but he said it was just some ice. He wasn’t wearing anything on his hand at practice today and looked fine.
- The Los Angeles Chargers had a scout at practice today.