Alabama held its third practice of the spring season Wednesday. The Crimson Tide was outdoors, working in shorts and shells. Here’s what was observed:
- Ale Kaho was back with the inside linebackers after missing the first two practices.
- Tight end Kedrick James also returned after back-to-back absences. James and offensive lineman Deonte Brown were suspended before Alabama’s College Football Playoff run last year due to a violation of team rules.
- Even with James around, linebacker Cameron Latu continued to work with the tight ends.
- When defensive linemen were going through drills, Raekwon Davis was in front, followed by LaBryan Ray, Phidarian Mathis, Tevita Musika and Christian Barmore.
- Nick Saban was with the cornerbacks, just like he has during the open-viewing periods of the two previous practices. The position group did things in pairs.
- Tua Tagovailoa led the quarterbacks through drills, followed by Mac Jones.
- There were many former Alabama players in attendance. Washington Redskins linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton was roaming around the complex. Others, such as Jamey Mosley, Christian Miller and Isaiah Buggs, must have stuck around Tuscaloosa after participating in Alabama’s Pro Day on Tuesday. (Catch up on all Pro Day content: story, videos and photos.)
Saban will address the media at 6 p.m. Otherwise, that’s it for Wednesday. Alabama will get back to practice Friday.