Alabama was at Bryant-Denny Stadium this afternoon for its first scrimmage of fall camp. It’s a hot, sunny day here. The team will scrimmage for a couple ours before we speak with Nick Saban.
The viewing period of scrimmages is pretty brief, so there aren’t a ton of notes today. Here’s what I saw:
- Safety Daniel Wright was not dressed to practice with his right arm in a sling. Outside linebacker Jamey Mosley had his left arm in a sling. I would assume we’ll get updates on them from Saban later this afternoon.
- Safety Xavier McKinney was dressed and appeared to be practicing.
- New linebacker Ale Kaho was on the field for the first time today and is pictured above. He’s not wearing pads as he goes through the acclimatization period required of players when they begin fall. He has to go through four practices before he can wear full pads. He’s in jersey No. 10.
- Here’s the order the first three offensive lines were warming up in. Keep in mind, an injury wouldn’t necessarily elevate the guy listed as the second stringer at that position, but might instead cause some shuffling among the starters to elevate a guy like Matt Womack. Will be interesting to see if they stick with this after today or not:
|Jonah Williams||Lester Cotton||Ross Pierschbacher||Jedrick Wills||Alex Leatherwood|
|Scott Lashley||Deonte Brown||Chris Owens||Josh Casher||Matt Womack|
|Tommy Brown||Hunter Brannon||Richie Petitbone||Emil Ekiyor Jr.||Kendall Randolph|
- The wide receivers and tight ends warmed up in four lines as the quarterbacks threw them passes early on (three lines of receivers, one line of tight ends). Here’s what those lines were:
|Henry Ruggs III||DeVonta Smith||Jerry Jeudy||Hale Hentges|
|Derek Kief||Tyrell Shavers||Chadarius Townsend||Irv Smith Jr.|
|Xavian Marks||Xavier Williams||Bryce Musso||Miller Forristall|
|Slade Bolden||Mac Hereford||Jaylen Waddle||Kedrick James|