National Signing day for the 2018 recruiting class has come and gone. Alabama signed a highly-touted recruiting class, despite it not being the No. 1 class for the eighth consecutive season. You can check out all of Alabama’s signees here.
The focus turns to the 2019 prospect class. Nick Saban and his staff already have offers out to top players around the country.
Here is the latest on Alabama’s recruiting prospects. All star ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports composite:
- Linebacker Kalen DeLoach received an offer from Alabama last Monday. DeLoach, from Savannah, Ga., can play both inside and outside linebacker. He holds offers from Auburn, Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Clemson. He’ll likely pick up more offers in the future as well.
— Kalen Deloach (@KalenDeloach) February 5, 2018
- Four-star athlete Christian Harris also picked up an Alabama offer. Harris, from Baton Rogue, La., is the 11th-ranked prospect in the state. He is also the 22nd-ranked athlete in the 2019 class. Harris also holds offers from LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and various other schools.
— Christian Harris (@Charris_36) February 7, 2018
- Four-star wide receiver Jeffery Carter tweeted he had “a nice call” from Saban on Wednesday. Carter, from Aledo, Texas, also plays cornerback. Carter recently attended Texas A&M’s junior day on Feb. 4.
— scooby🐶 (@jcarter2133) February 7, 2018
- Four-star safety Keontra Smith is currently a Kentucky commit, but that did not stop Alabama from offering the 11th-ranked prospect at his position in the 2019 class. Smith, from Hollywood, Fla., is seen as likely to flip his commitment, with the crystal balls pointing to University of Miami.
— Corey Bender (@Corey_Bender) February 7, 2018
- Alabama did not sign a prospect at quarterback in 2018, but Saban isn’t looking to repeat that in 2019. Alabama offered three-star prospect Lance LeGendre on Wednesday. The dual-threat QB is from New Orleans.
— 12 (@LLeGendre12_) February 7, 2018
- 2020 Alabama commit Javier Morton received an invite to play in “The Opening” on March 25. Morton, who committed to Alabama on Dec. 1, 2017, is from Stone Mountain, Ga. “The Opening” is a camp by Nike.
Opening Regional Invite pic.twitter.com/kVb8e5ZKJp
— J² (@Hunchezzz) February 9, 2018
- Cam’Ron Jackson, a 2020 defensive tackle prospect, received an offer from Alabama on Jan. 30 and is moving fast to visit the Crimson Tide. The defensive recruit is from Haynesville, La.
— Cam’Ron Jackson (@CamJackson72) February 10, 2018