Alabama students have spring break this week, but head coach Nick Saban and his staff are not taking any breaks from the recruiting trail. Alabama continues to be involved in recruiting some of the top overall prospects in the 2019 class.
Here is the latest on Alabama’s recruiting prospects. All star ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports composite:
- Ishmael Sophser, the fourth-ranked prospect in the 2019 class, posted an interesting image connecting him to Alabama on Thursday. Sopsher, the top-ranked defensive tackle in the class, unofficially visited Alabama last April.
— ishmael sopsher (@isopsher) March 7, 2018
- Wide receiver Marcus Washington named Alabama among his top-10 list on Twitter. The four-star recruit from St. Louis is the 10th-ranked wide receiver and the 61st-ranked prospect overall in the 2019 class. He received an offer from Alabama on Jan. 29.
— Marcus Washington (@_MarcusW11) March 7, 2018
- Four-star athlete Marquis Wilson received an Alabama offer, he announced Tuesday on Twitter. Since Feb. 27, the 24th-ranked athlete in the 2019 class has received five offers, four of them from SEC schools. Wilson is the No. 2 ranked prospect from Connecticut.
Extremely honored to say that The University of Alabama has offered me 🐘🔴⚪️ #RollTide @SupremeAthlete_ @MizzwerkEliteCT @alexgleitman @RivalsFriedman @SWiltfong247 @Rivalsfbcamps pic.twitter.com/3zlSqJECdH
— Armani (@MarquisArmani) March 6, 2018
- Ronald Thompkins, another four-star athlete, announced his Alabama offer on Tuesday as well. Thompkins ranks as the 29th prospect at his position in the 2019 class. Alabama is the 20th team to offer the prospect from Loganville, Ga.
Blessed to recieve my latest offer from Bama 🐘💯🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/EvZ5pTpJbL
— Ronald Thompkins ll (@jrthompkins5) March 6, 2018
- Strong-side defensive end Jaren Handy committed to LSU two days after receiving his Alabama offer. Handy, a four-star recruit in the 2019 class, however says his recruitment is still open.
MY RECRUITMENT IS STILL OPEN!!!!
— Alm!ghty Turbo™️‼️ (@Jarenhandy2) March 7, 2018
- Offensive guard Zeke Correll received an offer from Alabama on Thursday. Correll, from Cincinnati, Ohio, would be a major get for Alabama. He ranks as the 10th best offensive guard in the 2019 class and is seen as an Ohio State lean.
— Zeke Correll (@zekecorrell) March 8, 2018
- Rian Davis, a three-star weak-side defensive end and outside linebacker, announced he received an Alabama offer on Twitter. Davis, from Apopka, Fla., has seen his recruitment pick up with nine offers since the start of the month.
— Rian "Trouble" Davis (@Trouble_R4) March 8, 2018
- Alabama made the top-15 for the top-ranked inside linebacker in 2019 class. Nakobe Dean released his list on Twitter on Thursday and Alabama was among the eight SEC teams to compromise the list. Dean is the 24th overall ranked prospect in the class.
— Nakobe Dean🔝🔝 (@KobeDean2) March 8, 2018
- Defensive end Kevin Harris received an offer from Alabama, his coach announced on Twitter on Friday. Harris is listed as the ninth-ranked outside linebacker in the 2019 class according to 247Sports Composite.
— Coach K Watson (@therealkwat) March 9, 2018
- Three-star safety Quinton Newsome received an Alabama offer on Friday. Newsome also received an offer from in-state Georgia in the last week.
— Quinton Newsome (@Qnew_2019) March 10, 2018
- On the basketball side of things, Four-star forward D.J. Jeffries included Alabama among his final three schools. Jeffries is the top-ranked recruit in Mississippi, the No. 8 small forward and the 26th-ranked overall recruit in the 2019 class. Kentucky is currently seen as the favorite in his recruitment.
— Djjeffries™ (@lildjj0) March 12, 2018