Alabama football and basketball continued to plug away on the recruiting trail this past week. Basketball coach Avery Johnson landed an important commitment and visited another highly-touted recruit. Alabama football offered multiple players and continued to host visits.
- UA basketball received a commitment from 2019 4-star shooting guard Jaden Shackelford on Saturday morning. The sharp-shooting prospect from Hesparia, California, is the No. 15 shooting guard and No. 96 recruit in the nation, according to 247Sports Composite Ranking. With Shackelford’s commitment, Alabama has jumped up to No. 7 in 247Sports team rankings for the 2019 recruiting class.
— Jaden Shackelford (@jayunooo) September 29, 2018
- Looking to add to its list of commits from Hewitt-Trussville (AL), Alabama football offered 2020 3-star defensive tackle Eric Taylor on Saturday. The 6-foot-4, 280-pound defensive tackle is also being recruited by other SEC schools, including Auburn and Arkansas. The Crimson Tide already has four players committed from Hewitt-Trussvile: two in the 2019 class, two in the 2020 class.
— ⭐️Eric Taylor⭐️ (@96Etaylor) September 30, 2018
Current 2019 Alabama commit Pierce Quick, a 5-star offensive tackle, congratulated Taylor on the offer. Quick and Taylor are teammates at Hewitt-Trussville.
— Pierce Quick (@PierceQuick) September 30, 2018
- Current commit and 2020 4-star cornerback Malachi Moore visited Tuscaloosa on Saturday for Alabama’s contest against Louisiana-Lafayette. It was the second-straight week Moore has attended a Crimson Tide game.
— Kinggchi👑🎒 (@malachi_moore13) September 29, 2018
Moore was seen sporting gloves with the Alabama script “A” on them during his high school game Friday night.
— Justin Smith (@Jdsmith31Smith) September 29, 2018
- Alabama extended an offer to 2020 3-star wide receiver EJ Williams on Saturday morning. The 6-foot-3, 183-pound prospect from Phenix City, Alabama, also maintains offers from Auburn and Clemson.
Extremely blessed to receive an offer from the University of Alabama🐘‼️ pic.twitter.com/XMAu6RjISq
— E.J. Williams🔋✨ (@_ejda1) September 29, 2018
- Members of the Alabama basketball coaching staff traveled to Texas to visit 2019 4-star center Drew Timme. The 6-foot-9, 210-pound big man has narrowed his list down to 10 potential schools, one of which is Alabama. Texas A&M, Arizona and Gonzaga are also in the hunt.
Alabama is in today for 2019 five-star Drew Timme, source tells Stockrisers.
Timme is now Bama’s primary main target, picked up four-star Jaden Shackelford two nights ago.
— Jake (@jakeweingarten) September 30, 2018