Dylan Moses’ return to the University of Alabama football team is no longer a guarantee.
The highly touted inside linebacker, who announced on his Instagram account that he would return for the 2020 season, posted a statement from the Moses Law Firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (Dylan Moses’ hometown) Thursday afternoon. The statement sheds some light on Moses’ NFL Draft outlook our the last year and casts a certain layer of doubt onto his return for the 2020 season.
“We are aware that Mr. Moses has recently given an unadvised commitment to return to the University of Alabama,” the statement read. The statement comes from Edward Moses Jr., attorney at law and Dylan Moses’ father. “However, under the provision of his trust, his majesty is not allowed to make unilateral decisions. We are currently investigating his loss of value claim. And we are in negotiations with the University of Alabama for his return to the team, so we have advised Mr. Moses to maintain his preliminary decision to return but to make his final decision on January 20, 2020, which is the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NFL Draft.”
Tidesports.com attempted to reach the Moses Law Firm, an attempt that has yet to be returned.
The statement says Moses obtained a loss of value insurance policy in the spring of 2019, before he suffered the knee injury in August that kept him out of the entire 2019 season. The statement says the insurance policy is with Lords of London, but the name of the company is Lloyd’s of London.
The statement also says Moses received a second-round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee for the 2020 NFL Draft. The statement also says the Moses Law Firm represents Dylan Moses’ interests, “during negotiations with the University of Alabama to insure and to secure the proper protections for his return back to the University of Alabama’s football team for his senior season.”