Alabama was working inside in full pads on Thursday for what would be a Tuesday practice in a normal game week. The Crimson Tide will practice tomorrow in Tuscaloosa one final time before traveling to Atlanta, but there’s no open period of practice tomorrow, so no notes.
- We only had one viewing period today, the same one as yesterday, so many of the notes are the same.
- One that’s different: Running back Damien Harris didn’t appear to be doing much. He was dressed out and not wearing a black jersey but it didn’t look like he was going through drills with the rest of the group. No word on why, but it probably is just to keep him fresh with a short turnaround. He spoke to the media today and players who are dealing with injuries don’t speak to the media.
- Josh Jacobs still had the hamstring support strap on his right leg and was again at the back of the line with the running back group. With those two limited, Bo Scarbrough and Najee Harris were the first two backs through individual drills.
- Freshman Labryan Ray (foot) was dressed out and practicing with the defensive linemen. Can’t imagine he’ll play much of a factor in this game either way, though.
- Lester Cotton was absent again, with J.C. Hassenauer practicing at right guard. As Nick Saban always says, if a guy can’t practice, then he’s not likely to play. You can probably expect Cotton to be out unless we hear otherwise at this point.
- Dylan Moses was off the exercise bike, but still in a black jersey. He was talking with athletic trainer Jeff Allen over by the inside linebacker group. I didn’t see him go through any drills.
- The rest of the injured linebackers seemed fine, with the obvious exceptions of Shaun Dion Hamilton and Anfernee Jennings. Mack Wilson, Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis were all there and dressed out.
We’ll have the final practice notes of the season for you on Saturday from Atlanta before the game on Monday night.