The past weekend was a big recruiting weekend for the Alabama Crimson Tide football program. Alabama hosted 11 recruits, including three five-star players. The recruits this weekend got to witness Alabama’s championship parade on Saturday afternoon, and Nick Saban had a message for them.
Alabama is also heavily focused on 2019 recruits as well as the 2018 prospects. Here is the latest on Alabama’s recruiting prospects.
All star ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports composite:
- Alabama found another way to beat Georgia, as cornerback Isaac Taylor-Stuart changed his plans and now is visiting Tuscaloosa on Jan. 26-28 instead of heading to Athens. He’s the nation’s No. 4 corner and No. 30 recruit overall. The visit will be a big one for Alabama, as the four-star recruit from San Diego is currently seen as a USC lean.
Change of plans official visit to Alabama on January 26-28 #RollTide
— Isaac Taylor-Stuart (@Kingathlete5) January 16, 2018
- Nick Saban knows how to make an appearance, as he landed a helicopter at Palm Beach Cental High School when visiting five-star cornerback Akeem Dent. Dent has been committed to FSU since July, but Alabama is going to keep on pressing the No. 1-ranked cornerback in the 2019 class.
🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁🚁#WhenNickSabanAndCoachJoeComeThru The University of Alabama really knows how to pull up @AlabamaFTBL 🔥🔥🔥🔥@DoItAllDent103 #WhosUpNext pic.twitter.com/tk7wjytzqn
— PalmBeachFire (@PBFireFootball) January 16, 2018
- Alabama and three-star pro-style quarterback Brock Purdy are wasting no time in getting acquainted. The Crimson Tide offered Purdy on Jan. 16 and he is visiting Tuscaloosa next weekend, on Jan. 26. The crystal balls on 247 are already leaning toward Alabama for the quarterback from Gilbert, Arizona. Alabama doesn’t yet have a quarterback commit in the 2018 class.
Grateful to have received a full ride offer to the University of Alabama!!🏈 #RollTide pic.twitter.com/ZO0m9pZqKR
— Brock Purdy (@brockpurdy13) January 17, 2018
- Alabama offered Khris Bogle, a four-star defensive end recruit from Cardinal Gibbons High School in South Florida on Wednesday. The 11th-ranked defensive end in the 2019 class also has offers from Miami, Clemson and Florida State.
I’ve came a long way, Blessed beyond measures to receive an Offer From The University Of Alabama #RollTide 🐘 #Alabama #RTR @HamiltonESPN @DemetricDWarren @RTRnews pic.twitter.com/Gxtj8WwfXg
— K H R I S B O G L E 🥀 (@khris_a1) January 17, 2018
- With Alabama’s secondary being depleted after it’s 2017 national championship, the program is still looking for DB help in the 2018 class. Alabama offered four-star safety Julius Irvin this past week. Irvin, from Anaheim, was among the visitors this weekend.
Ecstatic… Received an offer from The University of Alabama! #RollTide 🐘🔴 pic.twitter.com/lv59zjxYZC
— Julius Irvin (@kalotasi) January 17, 2018
- Another recruit from South Florida, 2019 wide receiver Fran Ladson received an offer from Alabama on Thursday. The four-star prospect from Miami has also received offers from Tennessee and Florida State this month.
Extremely Blessed To Receive A Offer From The University of Alabama🐘 #RollTide pic.twitter.com/1tTo5BFLz8
— Frank Ladson Jr.™ (@_FrankLadson) January 18, 2018
- Three-star 2018 prospect Malik Langham visited Tuscaloosa this weekend. The defensive end from Huntsville posted a picture from his OV, getting a chance to stand next to the 2017 Championship trophy.
Had a great OV at Bama this weekend #RollTide pic.twitter.com/iOOIEkNnUW
— Malik Langham (@malik_langham) January 21, 2018
- Alabama offered another four-star recruit in the 2019 class on Thursday, with Jeremiah Payton receiving an Alabama offer. The wide receiver from Neptune Beach, Fla. is the 15th-ranked wide receiver and the 76th-ranked prospect in the 2019 class.
Blessed to receive an offer from the University Of Alabama 🐘 #rolltide pic.twitter.com/ERHycd392z
— 11 Problems™ (@paytonsho_) January 18, 2018
- Five-star linebacker Quay Walker decided to visit Alabama this weekend instead of visiting Georgia, according to 247s Hank South. This would seem to be a major victory for Alabama with Walker already committed to the Crimson Tide. Walker took a picture with linebacker Mack Wilson, who had high praise for Walker.
Lil bruh next up and that’s a promise 💯💯💯🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾💉💉💉 @QuayWalker4 pic.twitter.com/LPjYFJuko6
— Maserati Mack 🔱 (@iam__mw3o) January 21, 2018
- Alabama made the cut of the top schools for a 2019 safety prospect. Four-star Jaylen McCollough named the Crimson Tide among his top schools for next year. McCollough is the 4-ranked safety and the 59th-overall prospect in the 2019 class.
No Negativity. Have a Blessed Day 🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/f8bHdKMkuV
— Jaylen McCollough (@Jay_Mccollough2) January 20, 2018
- Wide receiver prospect Justyn Ross got his opportunity to don an Alabama jersey and pose with the trophy this weekend. The four-star wide receiver is the No. 1 ranked player in the state and the 44th-ranked prospect in the 2018 class. He is however seen as a favorite to sign with the Clemson Tigers.
Alabama … 🐘🤫 pic.twitter.com/5gbkx3FJQF
— Justyn Ross . 🙏🏾 (@_Jross5) January 22, 2018
- Trevon Diggs, expected to play a major role in the Alabama secondary in 2018, hosted a major recruiting prospect for Alabama this weekend, in Patrick Surtain Jr. Surtain Jr., a 5-star cornerback from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. is likely to sign with LSU, but Alabama had its shot to change his mind this weekend.
👀👀 #RollTide pic.twitter.com/ETqtu1DnSl
— Diggs (@TrevonDiggs) January 21, 2018
- Five-star recruits Tyson Campbell (cornerback) and Nicholas Petit-Frere (offensive lineman) both visited Alabama this weekend. Georgia is seen as the favorite to land Campbell, while Florida has emerged as the team to beat for Petit-Frere.