Nick Saban and his staff are keeping busy with the offseason here. Alabama hosted a junior day this weekend with prospects from all over the country. Many players attending already held offers, while other prospects received offers while attending.
An important step in recruiting is having a coach staff in place, which Alabama made official its hires to help the prospects get an idea of who will be recruiting them.
Here is the latest on Alabama’s recruiting prospects. All star ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports composite:
- Though he does not have an offer from Alabama yet, Faatui Tuitele announced on Twitter last Sunday that he was going to make an unofficial visit to Alabama in the spring. Tuitele, a five-star defensive tackle in the 2019 class, is from the same high school in Hawaii as Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Tuitele and Tagovailoa are distant cousins. Alabama is expected to extend an offer to Tuitele after he gets on campus.
So far, I will be taking my unofficial visits this spring to:
⭕️hio State Buckeyes 🌰
Alabama Crimson Tide 🐘
LSU Tigers 🐅💛💜
— FAATUI TUITELE (@tuitele87) February 19, 2018
- Alabama extended an offer to four-star quarterback Graham Mertz on Monday. The No. 9 pro style quarterback in the 2019 class has received nine offers since the beginning of the new year.
Received an offer from the University of Alabama! 🐘 pic.twitter.com/cd9FjsYP3I
— Graham Mertz (@GrahamMertz5) February 20, 2018
- Erick Young, a four-star cornerback prospect, received an Alabama offer on Monday. Young, from Fort Bend, Texas, is the 97th-ranked prospect and the 9th-ranked cornerback in the 2019 class.
— Erick Young ⁴ (@Fvmous_ey) February 20, 2018
- Cortez Andrews, a four-star safety, announced he would be in Tuscaloosa this past weekend. Andrews, from Tallahassee, Florida, unofficially visited Auburn on Feb. 3 and attended junior day at Florida State on Feb. 17. You might remember that Ronnie Harrison was also a safety from Tallahassee in the 2015 class.
— Cortez Andrews (@GloTez10) February 20, 2018
- Outside linebacker Keith Maguire Jr. received an Alabama offer this past week. The 2019 three-star prospect is seen as a Notre Dame lean and attended its junior day in January.
— Keith Maguire Jr. (@Keith_Mag) February 21, 2018
- Justin Eboigbe, the 117th-ranked prospect in the 2019 class, announced he would be in Alabama this past weekend for junior day. The four-star strong-side defensive end received an offer from Alabama on his trip.
Attending Alabama this weekend 🐘.
— Justin Eboigbe (@JustinEboigbe) February 21, 2018
- Marcel Brooks, a four-star linebacker from Dallas, named Alabama and LSU as his top two. He attended junior day at Alabama this past weekend. Brooks is ranked as the sixth-best outside linebacker prospect in the 2019 class.
NO GOING BACK 🐘🙇🏾🐯 pic.twitter.com/JlurIuU4kl
— BLOCK BOY CEL (@MarcelBrooks_5) February 21, 2018
- The fifth-ranked cornerback prospect in the 2019 class, MyKael Wright, received an Alabama offer this week. The four-star corner from Valencia, Calif., is ranked as the 51st best prospect in the class.
— Mykael 🎒 (@_mykael2) February 22, 2018
- Kendall Milton, a 2020 running back prospect, received an offer from Alabama this past week. Milton, from Clovis, Calif., already holds 10 offers.
— Kendall Milton🕊 (@therealkmilt) February 22, 2018
- Jaydon Hill, a three-star cornerback, was among the visitors at Alabama’s junior day. He posted a picture of himself next to Nick Saban, saying he enjoyed his visit. Hill is from Madison and is the 25th-ranked prospect in Alabama.
— Jaydon Hill (@_jhill5) February 25, 2018
- Jameson Williams posted a picture of his visit to Alabama this weekend. Williams, a four-star prospect from St. Louis, is the 40th-ranked wide receiver in the 2019 class.
— juiceman (@juicedupjameson) February 25, 2018
- On Friday Chester Kimbrough, a cornerback from New Orleans, received an Alabama offer. Kimbrough is a four-star recruit in the 2019 class and the 23rd-ranked cornerback in the class.
Truly blessed to receive an offer from the University of Alabama 🔴⚪️!!!! pic.twitter.com/C5L0Ukb61V
— ~Chester Ki〽️brough~ (@chaazz19) February 23, 2018
- Defensive tackle prospect Lloyd Murray Jr. announced he is making his decision on May 5th and Alabama is among the teams he will choose from. The three-star prospect listed his top 10 schools.
— 55 $ (@OfficialLloydM) February 23, 2018
- Mycah Pittman, the 52nd-ranked prospect in the 2019 class, announced he has received an Alabama offer on Twitter. The four-star wide receiver is the ninth-ranked prospect at the position in the class.
— mycah pittman '19 (@MycahPittman) February 24, 2018
- Devonta Lee, a four-star wide receiver, received his Alabama offer on Saturday. Lee is the fourth-ranked wide receiver and the 48th-ranked prospect in the 2019 class. He’s from Amite High School, the alma mater of Alabama receiver Devonta Smith. Lee made the connection with a photo in his tweet.
— Devonta Lee (@DevontaleeLee) February 24, 2018
- Four-star outside line backer prospect Kane Patterson received an Alabama offer Saturday. The linebacker from Nashville got his offer while attending junior day in Tuscaloosa this weekend.
— Kane Patterson (@kane_patterson4) February 24, 2018
- Running back prospect Mike Hollins announced his offer from the Crimson Tide on Twitter. He was among the prospects to receive an offer while attending junior day.
— Michael Hollins (@MikeHollins7) February 24, 2018
- In-state safety prospect Cordale Flott received an Alabama offer while attending junior day this weekend. Flott, from Saraland, also picked up an offer from the UCF Knights this weekend.
— cordaleflott (@cordaleflott) February 24, 2018
- Mohamoud Diabate, an outside linebacker from Auburn, attended junior day and walked away with an offer from UA. Diabate, a four-star prospect, is the ninth-ranked prospect in the state in 2019.
— Mohamoud Diabate (@MDiabate11) February 24, 2018
- Xavier Truss, the top-ranked prospect from Rhode Island, posted pictures of his visit to Alabama on Twitter. Truss is the 99th-ranked prospect in the 2019 class.
— Xavier Truss (@xtruss94) February 25, 2018
- 2020 linebacker prospect Jackson Bratton picked up his first offer, from the home-state Alabama Crimson Tide. Bratton, from Muscle Shoals, unofficially visited Alabama this weekend.
— Jackson Bratton (@Jackson_bratton) February 25, 2018
- Nolan Smith was one of the biggest names at Alabama’s junior day. Smith, a hard commit to Georgia, is the 5th-ranked prospect in the 2019 class. Smith is the third-ranked weak-side defensive tackle in the class.
— Nolan Smith II (@SmithNoland2) February 24, 2018
- Roydell Williams, from Hueytown, received an Alabama offer Saturday. Williams is a 2020 running back prospect.
Blessed and honored to receive and offer from The University of Alabama ❗️🐘❕🔴 pic.twitter.com/JWBoxCD1ga
— 6Reasons‼️ (@RoydellW_6) February 25, 2018
- Three-star tight end Baylor Cupp received an Alabama offer Saturday. Cupp received his offer while attending Texas A&M’s junior day this weekend.
— Baylor (@baylor_47) February 25, 2018
- Kalen DeLoach, a four-star linebacker, posted pictures posing with Saban and the national championship trophy, during his visit at UA. DeLoach is from Savannah, Ga.
— Kalen Deloach (@KalenDeloach) February 25, 2018
- Nick Cross, a four-star safety, received offers from both Auburn and Alabama this weekend. Cross is the ninth-ranked safety prospect in the 2019 class.
The Lord is truly a Great God! Very pleased to say that I have received an offer from the University of Alabama!! #RollTide 🐘🔴⚪️ @DMCoachBrooks @DenocD @HamiltonESPN @juliojones_11 pic.twitter.com/iX4sWzT7Mu
— Nick Cross (@Nick_Cross26) February 25, 2018
- DeMarcco Hellams, a four-star wide receiver in the 2019 class, announced he received an offer from Alabama. Hellams is the 62nd-ranked prospect in the class and the 11th-ranked wide receiver.
— DeMarcco Hellams2️⃣ (@DHellams2) February 25, 2018
- Noa Pola-Gates shared pictures of his Alabama visit on Twitter. Gates is a four-star safety prospect in the 2019 class.
— SlickBack++•🇦🇸 (@NoaPola) February 25, 2018
- Christian Harris, the 11th-ranked athlete in the 2019 class, posted pictures from his visit to Alabama junior day. Harris, a four-star prospect, quickly named Alabama as his favorite one day after his visit.
— Christian Harris (@Charris_36) February 26, 2018