Nick Saban and his staff still hit the recruiting trail hard, but the news cycle is a little slower this week. Alabama’s 2019 class currently has four prospects committed right now, but is still a work in progress.
Here is the latest on Alabama’s recruiting prospects. All star ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports composite:
- Paris Johnson Jr. was offered by Alabama on Thursday. The 2020 offensive tackle prospect is set to visit Ohio State a couple times next month. The Buckeyes are the favorites in his recruitment, according to the Crystal Ball.
#AGTG Honored to Receive an Offer from THE University of Alabama‼️🐘 #RollTide pic.twitter.com/sobpIJwDyQ
— Paris Johnson Jr. (@ParisJohnsonJr) March 15, 2018
- Offensive guard Justin Rogers received an Alabama offer. He’s also seen as a lean to Ohio State in 2020.
I am blessed and honored to receive an offer from university of Alabama #RollTide 🐘🐘‼️‼️ pic.twitter.com/ZUTxm20zEy
— Justin Rogers (@AllAmerican52JR) March 15, 2018
- Jaren Handy decommitted from LSU just 12 days after he committed to the program. Last week Handy, a four-star strong-side defensive end prospect, tweeted that his recruitment is still open. The 96th overall prospect in the 2019 class received an Alabama offer on March 1. Handy named Alabama among his top 10 schools in a later tweet (below).
I really been thinking and praying about this Ik all this is sudden and unexpected I just feel like I rushed something😭😭just PLEASE RESPECT MY DECISION!!!!!!! No interviews‼️ pic.twitter.com/rXMlXETLno
— Alm!ghty Turbo™️‼️ (@Jarenhandy2) March 15, 2018
— Alm!ghty Turbo™️‼️ (@Jarenhandy2) March 16, 2018
- Offensive tackle Pierce Quick tweeted excitement about the 2019 Alabama recruiting class. Quick, a five-star recruit, is part of the 2019 recruiting class. Quick is the 25th-ranked recruit in the nation.
We just getting started👀👀 #ROLL1N9
— Pierce Quick (@PierceQuick) March 18, 2018
- Wide receiver Mycah Pittman named Alabama among his top 10 teams on Sunday on Twitter. Alabama offered Pittman on Feb 24. Pittman is the 9th-ranked wide receiver in the 2019 class and the No. 52 prospect in the class.
TOP 10 ‼️ pic.twitter.com/FaosnP7CKM
— mycah pittman '19 (@MycahPittman) March 18, 2018