Alabama was back on the practice fields for the first time this afternoon since it had its first scrimmage of spring on Saturday. Here’s what we saw during the open period:
- For the most part, I was surprised to not see more movement after the first scrimmage. Things looked very similar to before.
- Raekwon Davis (ankle) was practicing, as was Trevon Diggs (ankle). Both good signs for Alabama coming out of the scrimmage.
- A lot going on at the WR position. Jerry Jeudy (knee) did not practice again, while Devonta Smith practiced with receivers instead of cornerbacks. Tyrell Shavers was also not spotted.
- Tua Tagovailoa (hand) was practicing. While he was too far away to see exactly what was going on, he didn’t appear to be wearing a glove. He may have had his hand taped. Terrell Lewis told us earlier in the day that Tagovailoa dove on a loose ball during Saturday’s scrimmage despite his black noncontact jersey.
- Speaking of Terrell Lewis, he told us that Chris Allen had the most production points of anyone on defense in Saturday’s scrimmage.
- Was looking at what appeared to be a dime package with Deionte Thompson playing the boundary side at safety over Saivion Smith with Kyriq McDonald in the slot. On the other side of the field, Xavier McKinney was at safety with Trevon Diggs at corner and Shyheim Carter in the slot.
- Saw Lester Cotton working at LG as we left. The offensive line was only doing reps with three players so I’m not sure who was at RG in that grouping.
- The tight ends were led through drills by Hale Hentges, Irv Smith Jr., then Miller Forristall (in black).