Alabama demolished Arkansas State 57-7 on Saturday in Bryant-Denny Stadium, and plenty of recruits were in town to watch firsthand.
Here’s what recruits who visited Tuscaloosa for the home opener had to say on social media:
- 4-star 2019 defensive end Nathan Pickering didn’t have much to say about his visit, choosing instead to simply drop a pin announcing his location. The 6-foot-3, 286-pound Mississippi product is currently committed to Mississippi State.
— Nathan Pickering (@therealnathan22) September 8, 2018
- 3-star 2019 wide receiver Edward Gipson retweeted a picture of him and UA coach Nick Saban talking during his visit. Gipson is uncommitted at the moment.
Great Visit down at @AlabamaFTBL with 6’4 196lb ATH @edwardgipson 💪🏽 @RTRnews @Yellowhammer247 @JohnGarcia_Jr @ChadSimmons_ @DatDude70 @AL6AFootball pic.twitter.com/0Q31YA6RKg
— Step By Step Sports Training LLC (@_Coach_L) September 9, 2018
- 3-star 2020 athlete Blayne Toll posted a video from inside Bryant-Denny Stadium and tagged Alabama defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski. Toll is currently uncommitted.
Had a great time at Bama today! @LetsMeetAtTheQB pic.twitter.com/tYQ9NvhbIP
— Blayne Toll (@theblaynetoll) September 9, 2018
- 4-star 2020 cornerback Malachi Moore retweeted a picture his mother took of him talking to Saban during his visit. The Hewitt-Trussville (AL) product is currently committed to Alabama.
When your mom captures every moment…priceless! So glad we got to see all the coaches after the press conference! Thank you @AlabamaFTBL @CoachBrentKey @iamcoachscott 💯✊🏽🔥🐘🅰️ #RollTide pic.twitter.com/TsU5ggbqJz
— Penny Moore, NBCT (@aka_pmoe) September 9, 2018
- 4-star 2020 defensive lineman Jayson Jones seemed to enjoy his visit in Tuscaloosa. The 6-foot-5, 322-pound prospect is currently committed to the Crimson Tide.
great time @ Alabama! pic.twitter.com/aLwGxwRX6H
— Jayson Elijah Jones (@JaysonJCE) September 9, 2018
- Kayvon Thibodeaux, the No. 1 defensive lineman and No. 1 overall recruit in the nation, posted a tweet indicating Alabama will be his second official visit.
2nd Official Visit. The University of Alabama Baby!!!! #RollTide #BAMA 🐘🐘 pic.twitter.com/02rjAkhral
— kayvon thibodeaux (@kayvonT8) September 8, 2018
- Justin Eboigbe, who is committed to Alabama, took an official visit to the University of Florida on Saturday. Nothing has indicated that the visit has impacted the 4-star 2019 defensive lineman’s pledge to the Crimson Tide.
Great Visit 🐊 #ToTheSwamp pic.twitter.com/K1CEbvE22h
— Justin Eboigbe (@JustinEboigbe) September 9, 2018
- Current 5-star Alabama commit Pierce Quick commented on Colin Kaepernick‘s sponsorship deal with Nike, telling TMZ Sports it might help Saban bring more talent to Tuscaloosa: “So now (potential recruits) they’re like, ‘You know what? I want to go to a school that supports Nike, because I want to go to a school that supports Colin Kaepernick.'”
- On the basketball recruiting front, Chuck Lawson, a national scouting and recruiting analyst, tweeted out a picture of Alabama coach Avery Johnson meeting with 4-star 2019 power forward DJ Jeffries. Jeffries decommitted from Kentucky on July 30.
Alabama was in at midnight to see DJ Jeffries..both visits were great per source (Memphis and Alabama) pic.twitter.com/7RPqdbc4Tm
— Chuck Lawson (@ChuckLawson901) September 9, 2018