Alabama’s junior day last week started paying dividends. One of its biggest 2019 recruits reaffirmed his commitment to the Crimson Tide on Sunday night. Last weekend was very busy for the Crimson Tide on the recruiting trail, but this week was a little slower. Nick Saban and the team were still occupied, helping build a Habitat for Humanity house in Tuscaloosa.
Here is the latest on Alabama’s recruiting prospects. All star ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports composite:
- Five-star offensive tackle Pierce Quick, as he announced he was shutting down his recruitment. Quick, from Trussville, is the 25th-ranked prospect in the 2019 recruiting class. He attended junior day last weekend and unofficially visited Alabama on Saturday again. He’s been committed since last April but has still been hearing from other schools.
I want to thank every school that’s recruited me throughout this process. it’s truly been a blessing. At this time though I am completely shutting down my recruitment I am 100% committed to THE University of Alabama and am going to build the the best class seen at Bama. #RTR pic.twitter.com/fKBp0jEHhS
— Pierce Quick (@PierceQuick) March 4, 2018
- Outside linebacker Laiatu Latu, a four-star recruit from Carmichael, California, had a good day last Tuesday. He picked up Alabama and Notre Dame offers on the same day. Latu is the 10th-ranked outside linebacker in the 2019 class.
— Laiatu Latu 🦁 (@LaiatuLatu48) February 27, 2018
- Running back Jerrion Ealy, an Ole Miss commit, received an Alabama offer last week. The four-star recruit is the 69th-ranked prospect and the fifth-ranked running back in the 2019 class. Ealy is also expecting to play baseball for the Rebels; Perfect Game has him as the No. 7 high school baseball prospect in the country.
— Jerrion Ealy (@ealy_1k) February 27, 2018
- Another running back, Keilan Robinson, received an Alabama offer as well. Robinson is the 23rd-ranked running back prospect in the 2019 class.
— Keilan Robinson (@krobb__) February 27, 2018
- Trent McDuffie, a four-star cornerback, announced he received an offer from Alabama on Twitter. McDuffie is the 23rd-ranked athlete in the 2019 class.
— Trent McDuffie (@trent_mcduffie) February 28, 2018
- The eighth-ranked safety in the 2019 class, Jalen Catalon, announced his offer from Alabama on Twitter on Tuesday. Catalon, from Mansfield, Texas, also has strong interest from Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, among other schools.
— Jalen Catalon (@jcatalon27) February 28, 2018
- 2020 prospect Jason Harris announced he received an offer from Alabama on Wednesday. He’s another two-sport star. Harris (who is 6-8) plays defensive end and power forward. He’s the No. 38 basketball recruit in the class of 2020 and was a participant for the 2017 USA Men’s Junior National Team October Minicamp.
— Jason Harris (@JSH8_8) March 1, 2018
- Strong-side defensive end Jaren Handy received an offer from Alabama this weekend. Handy unofficially visited and committed to Alabama rival LSU on Saturday.
— Alm!ghty Turbo™️‼️ (@Jarenhandy2) March 2, 2018
- Marcus Crowley, a running back committed to Miami, received an Alabama offer on Saturday. Crowley, the 41st-ranked running back in the 2019 class. He attended Florida’s junior day on Feb. 24, so he hasn’t shut down his recruitment yet.
Blessed and honored to have received an offer from the university of Alabama !🔴⚪️ pic.twitter.com/h0F0FLK5xa
— Marcus Crowley (@marcus_2334) March 2, 2018
- Four-star safety Jalani Williams named his top-8 this past weekend. Alabama was among the schools to make the cut. Williams received an offer from the Crimson Tide on Feb. 5.
Glory to God … TOP 8 ‼️🙌🏾 pic.twitter.com/7IM0HseSPf
— Jalani Williams™ (@jalaniw9) March 3, 2018
- Tight end prospect Jackson Lowe visited Alabama this past weekend and shared some photos of the visit on Twitter. Lowe, the 16th-ranked tight end in the 2019 class, attended junior day at Tennessee on Feb. 24.
Roll Tideeeeeeee🐘 pic.twitter.com/ua3f8ff0wV
— Big Baby👶🏼 (@jacksonlowee) March 5, 2018