Alabama continued to prepare for Texas A&M today. The team was working outside in full pads in Tuscaloosa.
- As expected, cornerback Trevon Diggs (foot) and defensive lineman Da’Shawn Hand (knee) did not participate in practice. They’re not expected to play on Saturday.
- Center Bradley Bozeman, who did not appear to participate in the viewing period on Monday or Tuesday, did take some reps during the open portion of practice. He has not been wearing a black jersey all week. As Nick Saban says, if a guy can practice then he’ll likely play. Brandon Kennedy continued to take some reps with the first team offensive line at center when Bozeman was out.
- Outside linebackers coach Tosh Lupoi continued to hammer into his players the importance of stopping Texas A&M’s running game. Their offense is much more balanced this year than it was a few years ago.
- With Diggs out, the cornerbacks with the second team defense were Nigel Knott and Jared Mayden. Knott is the one who got a promotion with that group; Mayden has been with the second team.
- Some of the WRs during individual drills were working on getting off the line of scrimmage against tight coverage.
We’ll speak with Nick Saban at 6:00 tonight and have updates from that later.