Alabama was back in action today after Saturday’s win at LSU, but without a few key pieces. The Crimson Tide was practicing outside in shells as it normally does for a Monday practice.
- As expected, Shaun Dion Hamilton (knee) and Mack Wilson (foot) were both out. Nick Saban said earlier today that Wilson’s injury would be 4-6 weeks, while Hamilton would be a few months.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) was practicing during the open period. Saban said earlier that he expected Fitzpatrick to sit out on Monday but would be back on Tuesday. That may have been the plan after we left at the end of the viewing period.
- Left tackle Jonah Williams didn’t appear to be participating during the open period of practice. He was dressed out but standing off to the side as Alex Leatherwood took snaps with the first team offensive line. Scott Lashley was with the second team at left tackle.
- The first two inside linebackers were Rashaan Evans and Keith Holcombe, as expected. They’re the most experienced players there by far.
- Also working with the ILBs were Dylan Moses, Joshua McMillon and Markail Benton, though Benton was wearing a scout team number.
- That meant the outside linebackers consisted of Anfernee Jennings, Jamey Mosley, Mekhi Brown, Chris Allen and Ben Davis.
- Da’Shawn Hand was practicing today and looked fine. It was difficult to see the running backs on the other side of the field but Damien Harris was dressed out and working with the RBs.