Alabama was working outside in full pads for a normal day of practice before facing Mercer on Saturday.
- We did not see Minkah Fitzpatrick during the open period of practice for the second straight day. But we did catch him walking through the football building wearing pads and a black noncontact jersey. He was considered day-to-day by Nick Saban earlier this week, so we’ll see if we get an update on him tonight.
- Offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher (high ankle sprain) did not practice today. We saw him walking around wearing a large boot on his injured foot.
- In his place, J.C. Hassenauer continued to work with the first team at left guard. It was the same lineup we saw during the open period yesterday.
- The inside linebackers went through position drills in the following order: Rashaan Evans, Dylan Moses, Keith Holcombe, Markail Benton, Joshua McMillon.
- Later on during the viewing period it looked like Rashaan Evans continued to get some work at outside linebacker. That’s a little surprising given Alabama’s depth issues inside. It may have been a specific package or a different alignment, though.
- Injured linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton was at practice helping Jeremy Pruitt out with his position group. He has a large brace on his injured leg but was able to hobble around.
- In the dime package, Hootie Jones was lined up at Money where Minkah Fitzpatrick would normally be. Deionte Thompson slid in at safety in Jones’ place.
Make sure you check out our podcast today, where Cecil and I discuss some possible scenarios for Alabama to lose and still make the playoff or be left out altogether.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. It’s also available on TuneIn here. Leave us a review and we’ll give you a shoutout on our next podcast with weekly college football picks.