Alabama was working outside once again today in preparation for Saturday’s Iron Bowl. The team was in full pads, as is normal for a Tuesday practice.
- Much of what we saw in the one viewing period today (there are normally two periods) was the same as on Monday. Defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) was dressed and participating.
- The offensive line was on a far field, and it was difficult to see, but J.C. Hassenauer was working with the first team offensive line at left guard. I didn’t see Ross Pierschbacher (high ankle sprain) at all but they were so far away, it’s hard to be certain.
- No sign of Alabama’s injured linebackers, though as Aaron wrote yesterday, there’s always the possibility of players coming out to practice after the media viewing period ends. Aaron and I talked about the LB situation and what we expect on today’s podcast.
- We saw the Alabama specialists walking through the halls before practice today (they usually do) and Andy Pappanastos (Saban said he had “a little pull”) wasn’t with them. That doesn’t mean he didn’t practice but it is something to be aware of.
- The inside linebackers were going through drills in the standard order. Dylan Moses was second, though Keith Holcombe was talking to a trainer when I checked on that group. Shaun Dion Hamilton continues to help the group out in practice.