Alabama went through a normal Monday practice in shorts and shoulder pads today to prepare for the national championship game against Georgia. Because Alabama has one week to prepare and the game is on a Monday night, you can expect the normal practice schedule to be pushed back one week. Tomorrow should be a Tuesday practice, etc. Alabama was working inside today.
- No sign of injured right guard Lester Cotton during the viewing period. Backup J.C. Hassenauer played with the first team in his place.
- In case you missed it, outside linebacker Anfernee Jennings announced earlier today that he would not be able to play in the championship game.
- Running back Josh Jacobs was at practice and with his position group, but going through drills last during the viewing period. He had a hamstring support strap on his leg.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick was practicing and looked fine. Didn’t see a hamstring support strap on him.
- The scout team wide receivers were wearing numbers 2 (Jayson Stanley), 4 (Mecole Hardman), 6 (Javon Wims) and 8 (Riley Ridley).
- New defensive assistant Pete Golding continued to watch the inside linebackers during the open period. He told us in New Orleans that no decision had been made on his position but when we’ve seen him at practice, that’s the group he’s watching.
- Tight end Miller Forristall and linebacker Dylan Moses were both riding the exercise bike at practice.
- Injured offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy wasn’t practicing but was in a black jersey and doing some stuff with the trainers, it looked like. Some progress for him, but he’s out for the year.
- ESPN reporter Marty Smith was at practice with a TV crew.