Alabama held its second practice of spring on Thursday. The Crimson Tide was in shorts today and no shoulder pads. Good weather in Tuscaloosa this afternoon for a practice, too.
- Sophomore quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) was dressed and participated in some of the individual drills, but didn’t seem to be throwing during the open period. He was wearing a glove on his left hand and spent some time with athletic trainer Jeff Allen as the other quarterbacks were throwing.
- The outside linebackers were out of view on Tuesday but we got a look at them today. Christian Miller and Jamey Mosley led the group, followed by Terrell Hall and Christopher Allen.
- Freshman Jarez Parks, a greyshirt from the 2017 recruiting cycle who arrived with the 2018 early enrollees, was with the outside linebacker. He’s listed at 6-4/256.
- Tight end Miller Forristall (knee) was with the tight ends but in a black noncontact jersey.
- The first team offensive line during the viewing period was Jonah Williams, Josh Casher, Ross Pierschbacher, Lester Cotton and Jedrick Wills. They used a couple of different groups, including one that was Jonah Williams, Ross Pierschbacher, Brandon Kennedy, Lester Cotton and Jedrick Wills.
- Shaun Dion Hamilton appears to be hanging around. He was watching new ILB coach Pete Golding lead his group through the position drills.
- The safeties were led through one drill by Xavier McKinney and Deionte Thompson. McKinney looked huge when I saw him. He’s listed at 6-1/197 but I would have pegged him closer to 210. They were followed by Daniel Wright, Kyriq McDonald, Jared Mayden and Slade Bolden.
- Ben Davis was practicing with the inside linebackers.
- There were a lot of visitors at practice today. Alabama allowed professors, tutors, and other academic staffers to watch practice.