Alabama was wearing full pads for the sixth practice of spring today. The Crimson Tide is getting ready for a closed scrimmage on Saturday and was practicing outside.
- Mike Locksley was working with the quarterbacks, running backs and tight ends on some goal line packages today. No offensive or defensive lines but there were some interesting tidbits.
- Damien Harris and Brian Robinson were on the field at the same time in a couple of these packages.
- The three tight ends being I saw being worked in were Hale Hentges, Miller Forristall, and Kedrick James. Sometimes there were two, sometimes there were three, and sometimes it was 23 personnel.
- The defense rotated a good bit, but included Saivion Smith at corner in most of these looks. Deionte Thompson and Xavier McKinney were the safeties for all of the looks I saw.
- Terrell Lewis and Jamey Mosley were paired together at OLB with one grouping, while Chris Allen and Christian Miller were grouped together on another rep. Markail Benton and Josh McMillon were at ILB together, while Vandarius Cowan and Ben Davis were another pairing.
- The defensive line was led in drills by Isaiah Buggs and Raekwon Davis, then Quinnen Williams, Johnny Dwight and Phidarian Mathis.
- We don’t normally mention recruits here but there was a big one visiting: 5-star DT Tui Tuitele was out at practice watching the defensive line drills. This visit was expected if you read the recruiting roundup yesterday.
- The offensive line looked as it had in previous practices. Jonah Williams at LT, Josh Casher at LG, Ross Pierschbacher at C, Lester Cotton at RG and Jedrick Wills at RT.
- Tua Tagovailoa was practicing with the quarterbacks but athletic trainer Jeff Allen continued to keep an eye on him.
Here is Alabama doing some goal-line work today. Mac Jones was QBing the offense. pic.twitter.com/l96hkM9YNq
— Drew Hill (@DrewHillSports) April 3, 2018