By Ken Roberts
Fans at the University of Alabama’s spring football game can have their picture taken with the national championship trophy and purchase authentic game gear at an athletic department garage sale.
The A-Day game is set to kick off at 1 p.m. April 21 at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Admission is free.
Some of the other highlights of A-Day include the Walk of Fame ceremony, where the 2017 captains will set their hands and cleats in cement at Denny Chimes, an alumni flag football game with former star players and the opportunity for fans to walk on the field and take selfies after the game.
The UA softball and baseball teams also have games scheduled after the conclusion of the A-Day game.
In addition to free admission to the A-Day game, parking will also be free on the east side of campus. Shuttles will run from the east side of campus and University Mall.
Fans who want to sit in the lower bowl can enter the stadium through the west side gates, 10-13 and 16-19, and the east side gates, 34-36 and 38-40. Upper level seats can be accessed through the spirals at gates 5, 21, 29 and 46. Public elevators at gates 5 and 43 available will be available for fans to get to the upper levels of the stadium.
Last year’s game drew a crowd of 74,326.
Here’s a schedule of activities for April 21:
• 8 a.m.: Mercedes Benz Fan Fest area opens. Fans can take their picture with the national championship trophy, get autographs from former players and purchase game-worn gear at the garage sale. The fan fest will be adjacent to the stadium.
• 10 a.m.: Bryant-Denny stadium gates open
• 10:30-11:15 a.m.: Alumni flag football game
• 11:15 a.m.: Walk of Fame ceremony at Denny Chimes on the Quad. Captains of the 2017 national championship team will put their hand and cleat prints into cement for permanent display.
• 11:50 a.m.: Walk of Champions; fans can cheer as UA coaches and players enter the stadium
• 1 p.m.: Kick-off; fans will have access to the field after the gam
• 4:30 p.m.: UA softball vs. Tennessee at Rhodes Stadium
• 7 p.m.: UA baseball vs. Auburn at Sewell-Thomas Stadium