Alabama was sent inside by inclement weather today for its second scrimmage of spring. Tuscaloosa received a tornado warning just as I was getting home from the scrimmage, less than 2 miles from the practice facility. It was canceled as I was finishing up this post.
- Alabama continued to host several hundred high school coaches for its coaching clinic today, and we only got to see a brief period before we had to leave. That made it tough to see a lot of what was going on, with so many coaches all over the sidelines blocking the view.
- The big news: We did not see Tua Tagovailoa during the open period. This doesn’t necessarily portend bad news. He could have just been in the bathroom or something. But he wasn’t with the quarterbacks and wasn’t with athletic trainer Jeff Allen. He’s often been around Allen during the open period but wasn’t there today.
- Positive news: Jerry Jeudy (knee) was at practice wearing a black noncontact jersey. He has been out for some time after having his knee scoped. I didn’t see him doing anything during the viewing period, though.
- Running back Josh Jacobs was also at practice with the running backs in a black noncontact jersey. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him there, so despite him not doing anything, that’s also a positive sign.
- Devonta Smith continued to practice with the WRs. He’s been there since some more injuries at the position have necessitated it for him to move back.
- Speaking of that: Tyrell Shavers was around the facility on a scooter. He’s obviously out for the remainder of spring.
- Alabama quarterback commit Paul Tyson and offensive line target Clay Webb walked out as we were allowed into practice today.