Alabama was back outside for the 13th day of spring practice today after being forced inside for its scrimmage on Saturday. The Crimson Tide was in full pads as it starts the final week of spring practice. They’ll go again on Thursday, then finish up spring with A-Day on Saturday at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- I didn’t see a lot of movement overall among the orders players were in at their position groups. The first practice after a scrimmage can sometimes be revealing, but there wasn’t much difference from last week that I saw.
- Tua Tagovailoa was at practice and dressed out with the quarterbacks, but I didn’t see him throwing. We’re not sure what his status will be for Saturday; Nick Saban addresses the media on Thursday after practice.
- Did not see Jerry Jeudy (knee) who was spotted in a noncontact jersey not doing much at a practice last week. Devonta Smith was working with the receivers today, which seems like his spot given that depth has taken a hit there following injuries.
- Josh Jacobs was there, wearing a black jersey.
- Slade Bolden has been with the DBs all spring and has looked good in the drills I saw him. He played quarterback in high school and was listed as a running back by 247 Sports, though some expected him to play slot receiver here. I’m not sure if this is a permanent move or just one for depth, but he appears to be taking reps with the second team DBs at times.
- No movement on the first team offensive line: Still Jonah Williams, Lester Cotton, Ross Pierschbacher, Jedrick Wills and Alex Leatherwood (left to right). I tried to get a look at the second team, but the first team kept getting reps during the viewing period.
- Former Alabama linebacker Eryk Anders was at practice today.
- The inside linebackers were getting after it on a drill. Pete Golding told them to stop trying to kill the student manager who was holding a large ball they used as a blocking dummy.
That’s it. Just one more practice report to go this spring.