Alabama held its final practice of spring before A-Day on Saturday. The Crimson Tide was working outside in shorts and shoulder pads before the spring scrimmage.
We only got one period of practice today before we had to leave, so there was just enough time to check out some of the injuries before we had to go.
- Tua Tagovailoa (hand) was dressed out and doing footwork drills with the quarterbacks. They weren’t doing any passing drills while I was out there. It looked like he had a bit of tape on his left hand, but no glove or brace.
- Jerry Jeudy (knee) was at practice in a black jersey, but with an athletic trainer rather than the wide receivers.
- Devonta Smith continued practicing with the wide receivers during the viewing period.
- Running back Josh Jacobs (ankle) was at practice in a black jersey but not doing drills with the rest of the group that I saw. He was practicing his acceleration while the other backs were doing a drill.
- Outside linebacker Anfernee Jennings (knee) was at practice in a black jersey. He had surgery after the Clemson game, you’ll remember. He hasn’t been seen much this spring. Didn’t look like he was doing drills with the outside linebackers though, mostly just watching.
- Did not see tight end Miller Forristall, who is normally at practice in a black jersey with the tight ends. I may have missed him; the tight ends were on the far side of a field from me.
- Former Alabama running back Siran Stacy was one of the visitors at practice today.
Nick Saban addresses the media between 5:30 and 6:00. I’d imagine we’ll get some clarification on injuries, who will play, and perhaps a comment on the story out today about Jalen Hurts.