Alabama was working outside for its seventh practice of fall camp today. The team was in shoulder pads only after spending most of the week in full pads. Tomorrow is the first scrimmage of fall, which should mean there’s some opportunity for movement when we see the team back at the practice facility on Monday.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- The new linebacker addition, Ale Kaho, was not at practice yet.
- However, both Ben Davis and Chris Allen were with the outside linebackers today. Cecil noted that move in his notes last night if you missed them.
- The outside linebackers were working on a coverage drill in the final period before we left. Most of the time, we just see them doing pass rush stuff, shedding blocks or work against the run.
- Nothing particularly new with the offensive line. They were doing some drills in groups of four, with the first group being Jonah Williams, Lester Cotton, Ross Pierschbacher and Alex Leatherwood. After that it seemed to be a bit of a jumble as far as who was with which group.
- Freshman defensive lineman Stephon Wynn (ligament strain) was not at practice.
- The Cowboys, Buccaneers and Colts had scouts at practice today.
- You could see some smoke rising from the new dining facility beyond the practice fields. I’ve been a little under the weather this week so I couldn’t smell what it was, but I bet the players are looking forward to it after practice.