Alabama was working outside in full pads this evening for its ninth practice of fall camp. This was also the first practice after Saturday’s scrimmage. It was a cool night in Tuscaloosa (about 82 degrees) under the light. Some of the better conditions for practice so far.
- A notable absence: Didn’t see Najee Harris with the running backs. He wasn’t listed in Nick Saban’s injury report on Saturday. Next time he speaks to the media is on Thursday. We’ll see if Harris is back by then or if he’s still out.
- Other injury updates: Xavier McKinney continued to practice, while Stephon Wynn (leg strain) and Jamey Mosley (separated shoulder) were both out. Safety Daniel Wright (shoulder) also remains out.
- It looked like Alex Leatherwood may have been taking some reps at right guard, but it was hard to be sure. The offensive line wasn’t working with a full group of five, but he was immediately to the right of center Ross Pierschbacher with Jedrick Wills at right tackle at one point. Not sure whether this is significant or not, though we’ll keep an eye on it. Maybe a player made a move in the scrimmage. Maybe they want to see what the line would look like with different combinations and they’ll give them both a few practices.
- Linebacker Ale Kaho continued to practice, though he’s still not able to wear pads yet. He can wear shoulder pads tomorrow and Wednesday, then go full pads later this week.
- The Cowboys, Saints and Raiders all had scouts at practice tonight.
- Alabama had a walk-through earlier this morning. The NCAA eliminated two-a-day practices last fall, so this is about as close as you’ll see.
Alabama is back tomorrow with a normal afternoon practice.