Alabama held its final night practice of camp this evening in Tuscaloosa. This is the 11th practice of fall camp. The Crimson Tide went in full pads.
Here’s some notes from the viewing period:
- Good news on the injury front: OLB Jamey Mosley (separated shoulder) was dressed and participating during the open period. Not even in a black jersey. Sophomore safety Daniel Wright (shoulder), who was described as having a potential season-ending injury by Nick Saban on Saturday, was also dressed and participating in drills with the defense. Again, no black jersey.
- Should also point out that just because we didn’t see them in black jerseys during the open period doesn’t mean that they weren’t wearing them during the rest of practice, which we don’t see.
- Still no Najee Harris or Stephon Wynn, though. I would assume Nick Saban will address Harris’ injury during his press conference tomorrow.
- Linebacker Ale Kaho continued to practice in shorts. I believe that the next practice will be the first time he can wear full pads for a practice after going through the acclimatization period.
- Nothing new to report on quarterbacks, of course. During handoff drills, Jalen Hurts was first, followed by Tua Tagovailoa, then Mac Jones and walk-on Braxton Barker. Freshman Layne Hatcher was fifth. Looked like they were practicing some read option at one point, though they cycled through several handoffs and throws.
- We still haven’t seen the offensive line work with all five players at once since the scrimmage Saturday, but the right side of the offensive line again included Jedrick Wills at right tackle and Alex Leatherwood at right guard. We’ve seen that three straight days now.
- Former Alabama wide receiver Brandon Gibson was at practice this evening.
- The wide receivers were doing a blocking drill during the viewing period.
- The Green Bay Packers had a scout at practice tonight. There was at least one more scout at practice, though I never got a look at his shirt to see what team he was with.
- The Million Dollar Band is on campus and practicing now. One more sign that school is drawing closer (one week from today is the first day of classes) and the season opener is coming after that.
- If you didn’t see it, be sure to check out our story from earlier this evening about an announcement tomorrow from the athletic department. There will be some changes coming to Bryant-Denny Stadium.