Today is the 13th practice of fall for Alabama, meaning we’re more than halfway to the start of the season from where we began on August 3. Alabama heads to Bryant-Denny Stadium tomorrow for its second and final scrimmage of fall and will probably turn to gameplanning for Louisville sometime during next week.
But it’s still camp, and it was still hot in Tuscaloosa. Alabama was outside in shoulder pads today. Here’s what we saw during the open period:
- Right tackle Matt Womack was not practicing with another injury to his right foot, according to his father. We didn’t see the second team OL doing any work while we were out there, so I’m not sure who would replace him. Last we saw, Kendall Randolph was running third team at RT.
- Also didn’t see OLB Chris Allen during the viewing period. No word on what that might be caused by. With Allen out, the fourth OLB through drills was true freshman Cameron Latu. I think there’s a good chance we’ll see him play this season.
- Looked like Jalen Hurts had one of his legs wrapped up quite a bit, though he was still dressed and warming up with the quarterbacks. Didn’t seem to be anything to worry about.
- Safety Daniel Wright, who we heard had a shoulder injury on Saturday, has been wearing a pretty large brace on his right upper arm that peeks out under the sleeve of his jersey. I would guess that has something to do with that injury, but can’t be sure.
- If you missed it last night, Nick Saban said he didn’t think the foot injury to Najee Harris would keep him out from the season opener. Also said there aren’t any other major injuries, but some guys who are banged up here and there.
Be sure to check back tomorrow after the scrimmage for more updates. Nick Saban will speak and probably address Womack’s situation.