Today’s practice was a little unusual for Alabama’s camp. The Crimson Tide went indoors despite good weather, the first time we’ve seen them do that this August. They were also out there without shoulder pads, just wearing helmets for a lighter practice. Don’t believe we’ve seen that since they finished the acclimatization period in the first week.
Here are some notes from the open period:
- Injury updates: Outside linebacker Jamey Mosley (shoulder) and safety Daniel Wright (shoulder) were both practicing. Some folks at the scrimmage on Saturday said DeVonta Smith left with a minor injury, but he was dressed at practice today.
- Still no Najee Harris (foot) or Stephon Wynn (leg).
- The right side of the offensive line was the same during the viewing period as it was last week and during the scrimmage, with Alex Leatherwood at right guard and Jedrick Wills at right tackle.
- The second team of the offensive line had a couple of minor shifts from Saturday. Deonte Brown was back at right guard and Josh Casher played left guard (the opposite of Saturday, but what we’ve seen for most of camp). Redshirt freshman Kendall Randolph was at right tackle, where we had seen true freshman Tommy Brown during the open period on Saturday.
- Brian Robinson was actually the second running back through drills when I checked them out. Damien Harris was out in front, of course.
- Former Alabama player and AD Hootie Ingram was checking out practice today. ESPN analyst Joey Galloway was also there.
We should be back tonight or tomorrow with a longer Insider Report compiling everything we’ve heard throughout camp. Stay tuned for that.