We had a shorter viewing period today, so the notes today will be on the smaller side. But we’ll be back later tonight with update from Nick Saban, so just hold tight.
Alabama was outside for its 18th practice of fall on Thursday. The team was in shoulder pads and shorts rather than full pads. It’s a pretty good weather day in Tuscaloosa, in the mid 80s today.
- This is the first day of game prep, players told us today. This is usually about the time the team turns from fall camp to actually installing a game plan. They’re on to Louisville now.
- Najee Harris was outside again, but still off to the side working with athletic trainer Jeff Allen. We might get an update from Saban about his status in a couple hours.
- Still can’t discern any change in what the quarterbacks are doing. Can’t imagine they’ll give much away.
- Still no Stephon Wynn (leg strain). Otherwise didn’t see anyone missing, but I couldn’t check everyone in the time we were out there.
- We mentioned it earlier, but Rashad Johnson has been watching the DBs at practice all week. Saban will probably get a question about what kind of position he might have on staff.
- During position drills, Ale Kaho was still working with fellow freshman Jaylen Moody in the third group of inside linebackers. They were working on a coverage drill.
- Saw the wide receivers going through drills in two lines. One line was (in order) Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Chadarius Townsend and Derek Kief. The other was DeVonta Smith, Tyrell Shavers, Xavian Marks and Xavier Williams.
Check back later for updates from Saban.