Shortened version of practice notes today because we only have one viewing period instead of two on Wednesdays during game week. Alabama was inside today as an afternoon thunderstorm rolled through Tuscaloosa. The team was in shorts and shoulderpads for practice.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- Defensive lineman Stephon Wynn Jr. was leaving practice as we walked in, wearing a black jersey. That’s basically what we’ve seen him doing all week as he continues to recover from his leg strain. He had a brace on his right leg.
- Defensive back Shyheim Carter looked like he had a brace on his left arm that I hadn’t noticed before. He was going through drills with the DBs, though.
- We haven’t seen anything all week to tip Alabama’s hand about the quarterbacks. Been the same procedure we’ve seen all of fall camp from those guys.
- If you’re curious, Alabama will be wearing its Crimson jerseys on Saturday against Louisville in Orlando.
- Former Alabama player/assistant coach Bobby Johns was visiting practice. So was former defensive lineman Milton Talbert.
- The New Orleans Saints had a scout at practice today.
That’s it for now. Nick Saban’s press conference is coming up in about 90 minutes.