Only one period of viewing at practice today as Alabama turns the page and begins its focus on Arkansas State. The Crimson Tide was working in shorts and shoulder pads as it started off the week outside on a hot day.
Here are some observations from the open period.
- Nick Saban said earlier at his press conference that a couple players would be limited but there weren’t any serious injuries. Jarez Parks was the only player I noticed who was missing, and I don’t believe he played in the game on Saturday.
- Make sure you check out today’s podcast, which covers a lot of what we expect Alabama to try and shore up in practice this week (iTunes link here).
- Among players who left the game on Saturday, Damien Harris, DeVonta Smith and Mack Wilson were all dressed and going through individual drills during the open period.
- Freshman defensive lineman Stephon Wynn was still in a black jersey, still not going through drills with the rest of his position group. Johnny Dwight had a brace on his left knee.
- Freshman wide receiver Jaylen Waddle was in the second pair of wide receivers to go through drills. Fellow freshman Xavier Williams, who I didn’t see in Saturday, was actually in the third group with Xavian Marks. Maybe Williams will get to play this weekend.
- Defensive coordinator Tosh Lupoi, always active and vocal, told the outside linebackers “We are playing ourselves” as they started practice this week.
That’s it for today. We’ll be back tomorrow with more notes.