Just a short viewing period today as Alabama begins preparations for Texas A&M in Tuscaloosa this weekend. It was a hot day, and Alabama was wearing shorts and shoulder pads (no thigh pads or knee pads).
Here are some observations from the open period:
- Didn’t notice anyone missing from today’s practice but also didn’t get to check out every position group with the shortened viewing period. Nick Saban said earlier today that there weren’t any major injuries but some guys who might be limited.
- Tua Tagovailoa, who reportedly had cramps and sat out the second half of the win against Ole Miss, was there and warming up with the quarterbacks. All is well.
- Among other groups I checked out, the first string offensive line looked to all be dressed and participating. The tight ends had everyone accounted for. Saw all three of the sophomore wide receivers along with Tyrell Shavers and Jaylen Waddle. The inside linebackers had everyone, as did the outside linebackers.
- Saw offensive tackle Matt Womack (foot) walking the halls before practice began. He was in a black jersey, had a boot on his left foot and is still not practicing. His injury was estimated to be 4-6 weeks when it occurred back in fall camp, so keep an eye on him in the coming weeks.
- Not sure if we’ve mentioned this before, as Terrin was writing the notes the last two weeks. But Ben Davis has moved up in the line for outside linebacker drills. I don’t remember seeing him against Ole Miss but he’s third behind Anfernee Jennings and Christian Miller. Jarez Parks, Eyabi Anoma and Cameron Latu all followed Davis.
That’s it for today. We’ll be back tomorrow with more.