Alabama had a standard Wednesday practice today as it continued to get ready for Tennessee on Saturday. This was a full pads practice outside in some chilly weather.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- For the most part, it was a repeat of what we saw yesterday. Not a lot new happening overall, but still some notable items for the weekend.
- Deonte Brown continued to work with the first team offensive line at left guard while Lester Cotton played with the second team.
- Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III, neither of which was listed on the injury report on Monday, appeared to be running routes early in drills and ready to practice.
- DeVonta Smith (hamstring) was dressed and with the wide receivers but I didn’t see him doing very much.
- Tua Tagovailoa (knee sprain) seemed to be in the same condition he was earlier this week, warming up with the quarterbacks. Thought I saw his dad at practice today but he was on the far side of the field so I wasn’t sure.
- The Houston Texans, Washington Redskins and Jacksonville Jaguars had scouts at practice today.
That’s all for now. Nick Saban’s final press conference of the week is coming up at about 6:00.