Alabama held its second day of practice this week as it prepares for LSU. The Crimson Tide was outside in full pads Tuesday. It plays in Baton Rouge on Saturday for a 7 p.m. game at Tiger Stadium.
Only one media-view period. Here’s what was seen:
- Quarterback Jalen Hurts (high ankle sprain) looked like he was doing the same amount of work as Monday. He threw back and forth with Tua Tagovailoa during the drill where the quarterbacks are on their knees while throwing. Tagovailoa kneed like Monday, too. Hurts did not participate in the moving drills afterward. Instead, he was off to the side, passing with head trainer Jeff Allen.
- Wide receiver DeVonta Smith (pulled hamstring) was going through drills again. He has been seen doing most stuff
- The right side of the offensive line was practicing with four players: Ross Pierschbacher, Josh Casher, Alex Leatherwood and Jedrick Wills Jr. That’s probably Alabama’s way of trying to get a couple of players snaps at guard. But UA has also used a jumbo package with six linemen last year, so that also could be a possibility.
- Later with the offensive line, Leatherwood and Wills were at right guard and tackle, respectively, with Chris Owens at center for a three-man group.
- TVs in the weight room were showing previous Alabama-LSU games.
- Two Alabama players addressed the media before practice. See what they had to say here.
That’s all for Tuesday. Check back Wednesday for more practice notes.
TideSports’ Ben Jones contributed to this report.