Alabama was back on the practice field for a normal Tuesday practice today after doing a light walk-through yesterday. The team was working at the indoor facility on a chilly day in Tuscaloosa.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- Deonte Brown (turf toe) was actually dressed out, but didn’t see him doing much. Lester Cotton continued to work with the first team offensive line at left guard.
- With Brown out and Cotton on the first team, the second team offensive line appeared to have Emil Ekiyor Jr. at LG.
- Jalen Hurts (high ankle sprain) was also at practice but appeared limited. He had both lower legs wrapped heavily and was pretty cautious on most drills that required movement. Even on deep throws, he wasn’t shifting a ton of weight around.
- No sign of OLB Terrell Lewis. Since he hasn’t played yet this season and can play in 4 games while still keeping a redshirt, he could possibly play against Auburn, in the SEC championship and two playoff games and still redshirt. Been a while since we’ve had an update on him, though we’ll try and get one when we can.
- Just because we don’t have a big injury report today doesn’t mean Alabama isn’t banged up. That’s one reason why they took yesterday easy (as they normally do this time of year).
- Former Alabama player Harrison Jones was checking out practice.
- The Bengals, Chiefs, Jets, 49ers, Vikings and Bears all had scouts at practice today.
That’s it for now. Be back tomorrow with more notes.