Alabama had a normal full-pads practice outside in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday in preparation for the Iron Bowl. Weather here was good and the forecast for Saturday looks favorable as well, clearing up in the afternoon.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- Running back Damien Harris (concussion) continued to practice in a black jersey. Nick Saban said on the SEC coaches’ teleconference this morning that he has cleared concussion protocol. “He cleared and he practiced yesterday. We hope without setback, he’ll be OK,” Saban said.
- Left guard Deonte Brown (turf toe) still seemed limited and Lester Cotton worked with the first team in his place.
- Right guard Alex Leatherwood (twisted ankle) was working with the first team offensive line for the first time this week during the viewing period.
- We didn’t see Matt Womack yesterday, but he was dressed and working with the second team offensive line this afternoon.
- You could see some photos from Iron Bowls past taped over some of the squat racks in the weight room as we waited to go outside. That’s something we’ve seen before, especially when Alabama is playing an opponent that beat them the year before.
- Women’s golf coach Mic Potter was checking out practice today.
Nick Saban will speak around 6:00 tonight. His radio show will be moved up to tonight instead of tomorrow because of the Thanksgiving holiday as well.