Alabama continued preparation for the Orange Bowl this afternoon with a full-pads practice outside in Tuscaloosa.
- Tua Tagovailoa (ankle) seemed fine and was going through quarterback drills. Don’t take my word for it, though. Nick Saban said he was ahead of schedule yesterday.
- Guard Deonte Brown (turf toe) was dressed out, but still not working with the first team defensive line. Saban updated his status yesterday, too. If you missed what the first two offensive lines looked like, they’re in yesterday’s notes.
- Terrell Lewis (ACL) was in full pads and doing position drills with the outside linebackers. Still no sign of Chris Allen (ACL) though.
- Freshman Eyabi Anoma, who was absent yesterday, practiced with the outside linebackers.
- If you’re curious, freshman wide receiver Slade Bolden has been playing Kyler Murray as scout team quarterback.
- Saw early enrollee wide receiver John Metchie on the practice field for the first time today. He appeared to be in jersey No. 3.
- Also in practice today was Clay-Chalkville defensive tackle DJ Dale. This was his first day of practice. He wore jersey No. 72.
- Saw Alabama working its dime package today for the first time in bowl prep. No changes in the personnel in that package from what we’ve seen in recent weeks.
We’ll have one more day of practice notes for you guys tomorrow. The team practices on Thursday, but it’s closed. Then they break a couple of days for the holidays.