Alabama was back on the practice field at Barry University in South Florida today for its final full practice before facing Oklahoma on Saturday. It was a normal Thursday practice in shorts and shoulder pads.
It was not a normal Thursday practice because we were allowed to see it. This is the first Thursday practice all season with an open period.
Here are some notes:
- Much of what we saw was covered yesterday. Not a lot new overall.
- Tua Tagovailoa (ankle) continued to practice. Nothing much new from his status after we spoke to him yesterday. If you’re curious, here’s what he said this morning.
Tagovailoa: “I believe we’ll be able to feel a lot more comfortable in the pocket, moving around. You know, yesterday was a testament to that. I got the opportunity to do a lot of things in practice that I wasn’t able to do the last week.”
- Isaiah Buggs (hyperextended knee) was also practicing. He had a brace or a wrap on his left leg, same as yesterday.
- Terrell Lewis and Chris Allen continued to practice with the outside linebackers, though they won’t play in this game.
- Trevon Diggs is not practicing. He remains on schedule in his rehab and is with the team but is still out for the season.
- Greg Byrne was checking out practice this afternoon.
- The team still seemed loose overall. We were near the OLBs during an individual drill and players were giving a teammate a hard time when he dropped an interception. Everyone seemed in good spirits.
That’s all for now. No practice notes between now and the game.