Alabama went through what looked like a standard full-pads practice on Tuesday in Tuscaloosa as it continued preparation for the national championship game against Clemson. The team was inside thanks to some cold and rain here in town.
Here are some observations from the open period:
- OLB Christian Miller (hamstring) was dressed and with the outside linebackers, though he didn’t appear to be doing much during the drills we saw.
- Terrell Lewis was not with the outside linebackers, though Chris Allen was.
- Freshman Emil Ekiyor took some snaps with the first team at left guard when Lester Cotton stepped out. Not sure what the deal is there (if there is one), but we’ll monitor it.
- Suspended players Deonte Brown, Elliot Baker and Kedrick James were all there. Brown and Baker were part of the scout team offensive line.
- Senior running back Ronnie Clark was wearing No. 9, the jersey for Clemson’s Travis Etienne.
- Walk-on QB Kyle Edwards appeared to be playing the part of Trevor Lawrence.
- Wide receivers Chris Golden and Chris Herring were in No. 8, Justyn Ross‘ number.
- Wide receivers John Parker and Mac Hereford were wearing Hunter Renfrow’s No. 13.
That’s all for today. We’ll be back with more notes tomorrow.