Alabama was back on the practice field today after Saturday’s scrimmage. The Crimson Tide was working inside despite it being a nice day in Tuscaloosa, maybe because some rainy weather on Sunday had soaked the fields.
This was a full pads practice. Here are some notes from the open period:
- Wide receiver Henry Ruggs III, who was out on Saturday while attending a family member’s funeral, was still out today. We’ll check back for him on Wednesday.
- Without Ruggs, here’s what the wide receiver groups looked like:
|First group||Jerry Jeudy||DeVonta Smith||Jaylen Waddle|
|Second group||John Metchie||Tyrell Shavers||Slade Bolden|
|Third group||walk-on not on roster||Xavier Williams||Mac Hereford|
- Linebacker Ben Davis was walking out of practice in a black jersey as we walked in. Shyheim Carter was there with the DBs, also in black. Terrell Lewis was with the OLBs in a black jersey.
- Offensive lineman Matt Womack and tight end Kedrick James were dressed out and participating with their respective position groups.
- Checked out the offensive line today, and I’m not sure Deonte Brown is in great shape at the moment. It took him some time to work his way into shape after he got to campus initially as a freshman. It may not be a huge deal at the moment since he’s suspended the first four games next season, but keep an eye on whether he’s rounding into shape this fall.
- DB Jalyn Armour-Davis, who had a season-ending knee injury in the fall, has been practicing with a sleeve on his injured leg and a knee brace over it.
- If you’re curious (and I am), Tino Sunseri appears to be working with the QBs as a graduate assistant.
- Paul Bryant Jr. was quietly checking out practice today. It’s the second time this spring I’ve seen him there, perhaps because Paul Tyson is out there.
Tua Tagovailoa and Mac Jones lead the @AlabamaFTBL quarterbacks through reps, followed by Taulia Tagovailoa and Paul Tyson. pic.twitter.com/8C2OFcutth
— Terrin Waack (@terrinvictoria) April 1, 2019
That’s all for today. Nick Saban will speak on Wednesday.
Catch up on previous practice reports below:
March 8, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 20, 2019
March 22, 2019
March 23, 2019
March 26, 2019
March 28, 2019
March 30, 2019