Alabama was back on the field this afternoon for its 10th practice of spring, meaning the Crimson Tide is now through 2/3 of its 15 spring practices. This was a full pads practice outside on a beautiful day in Tuscaloosa.
Here are some notes and observations from the open period:
- Wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was back at practice with the wide receivers. He was out on Saturday and Monday while attending a family funeral in Montgomery.
- Linebacker Ben Davis was walking through the building as we headed out to practice and was in a black jersey. Can’t imagine he did much today.
- Linebacker Terrell Lewis and defensive back Shyheim Carter were also in black, but were out with their position groups at practice.
- Offensive lineman Matt Womack was dressed and with the offensive lineman but didn’t appear to be doing much during the open period as we watched individual drills.
- Also something kind of unique about spring: We have seen a group of five offensive linemen together during the open period, but it’s not every practice. New offensive line coach Kyle Flood has changed up some of what they do.
- Probably haven’t made this quite clear: Markail Benton and Jaylen Moody have been paired together as the second string inside linebackers. Ale Kaho has been with Shane Lee with the threes.
- Paul Bryant Jr. was checking out practice once again today. Will probably stop mentioning that as he’s become such a frequent visitor.
We’ll speak to Nick Saban at about 6:00 central time. Stay tuned.
Catch up on previous practice reports below:
March 8, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 20, 2019
March 22, 2019
March 23, 2019
March 26, 2019
March 28, 2019
March 30, 2019
April 1, 2019