Alabama held its 13th spring practice Tuesday. It was 75 degrees outside and mostly cloudy. The Crimson Tide worked in full pads.
Prior to practice, UA wide receiver DeVonta Smith, defensive back Trevon Diggs and defensive lineman Raekwon Davis talked about how they’re doing this spring. Here’s a video of everything they had to say.
Otherwise, this is what was observed during practice:
- Jedrick Wills Jr. was absent, which isn’t surprising. No word on how his MRI went after Alabama coach Nick Saban announced last Saturday that Wills sprained his ankle during the Crimson Tide’s second spring scrimmage. Without Wills, the offensive line looked like this: Alex Leatherwood, Emil Ekiyor Jr., Chris Owens, Deonte Brown and Matt Womack.
- Saban was with the defensive backs per usual. They were split up into two groups — cornerbacks and safeties — and worked in pairs. Patrick Surtain II and Diggs led the cornerbacks, while Jared Mayden and Xavier McKinney led the safeties. Shyheim Carter was there and participated, but he stayed toward the back of the pack in his back non-contact jersey.
- Miller Forristall was the first tight end to go through drills. Then, Giles Amos and Cameron Latu, who’s still listed as a linebacker on Alabama’s roster, went in order.
- Linebackers Ben Davis and Terrell Lewis were at practice and both in black non-contact jerseys. Lewis stood by with his helmet in his hand. Davis wore his helmet and participated in a limited role.
- Eyabi Anoma led the outside linebackers through drills, as Anfernee Jennings stayed off to the side. After Anoma was Christopher Allen, Kevin Harris II, Jarez Parks and then Davis.
- As for the inside linebackers, Dylan Moses was in front. Joshua McMillon, Markail Benton, Shane Lee, Jaylen Moody and Ale Kaho followed.
- Defensive linemen were going through drills in sets of two. Davis and LaBryan Ray were first. Phidarian Mathis and Stephon Wynn Jr. were second. Tevita Musika and DJ Dale were third.
That’s it for Tuesday. Alabama will return to practice Thursday, and Saban will address the media afterward. The A-Day game is then Saturday at 1 p.m. in Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Catch up on previous practice reports below:
March 8, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 20, 2019
March 22, 2019
March 23, 2019
March 26, 2019
March 28, 2019
March 30, 2019
April 1, 2019
April 3, 2019
April 5, 2019
April 6, 2019