These are your last Alabama football practice notes until fall camp opens up in August. Alabama was outside today for its 14th practice of spring, a couple days prior to Saturday’s A-Day game. The team was working in shorts and helmets today, no pads.
The viewing period was just one period instead of two today, so notes are on the shorter side. Still, here are notes and observations from the open period.
- Outside linebackers Terrell Lewis and Ben Davis were both in black noncontact jerseys, but Lewis was doing at least some of the drills.
- Defensive back Shyheim Carter continued to be in a black jersey, as he has all spring.
- No Jedrick Wills at practice, who was injured in Saturday’s scrimmage. Nick Saban will speak to the media sometime around 5:30 or 6:00 and should have an update from Wills’ MRI then.
- Tight ends Major Tennison and Giles Amos both looked limited, though they were both dressed and with their position group.
- Reggie Ragland was hanging out at practice, watching the inside linebackers go through drills. I’d assume he’s back in town for A-Day, which always draws plenty of former players.
- Not a practice note, but another former player in town is ArDarius Stewart, who was arrested early this morning for possessing a pistol without a permit.
- Appeared to be a Bears’ scout at practice today, but seems a little strange to see one around town this time of year. Either way, he was wearing a Bears hat and hoodie.
That’s all for now. Check back for updates from Nick Saban later.
Catch up on previous practice reports below:
March 8, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 20, 2019
March 22, 2019
March 23, 2019
March 26, 2019
March 28, 2019
March 30, 2019
April 1, 2019
April 3, 2019
April 5, 2019
April 6, 2019
April 9, 2019