After a day off from a true rigorous practice yesterday, Alabama was back on the field today.
– Starting outside linebacker Terrell Lewis was not seen in the media viewing period today, either in the individual drills with the outside linebackers or in the 7-on-7 work that followed.
— Brett Hudson (@Brett_Hudson) September 17, 2019
– As has become customary, freshman defensive lineman Antonio Alfano was not on the field today. That saga hit a point of critical mass last week.
– In that 7-on-7 work, the defensive backs in the Dime package were Patrick Surtain II, Xavier McKinney, Trevon Diggs, Shyheim Carter, Jared Mayden and Jordan Battle, the last two as the deep safeties. Shane Lee was the lone linebacker.
– The wide receivers hit the sled a little bit, working on blocking. It’s always fun to see a different position group occupying that part of the field.
– Speaking of the wide receivers, they ran a few routes from the backfield in individual drills with the quarterbacks. Alabama has been motioning that group