Ask Cecil anything…

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  CNSISTHEMAN 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Cecil Hurt
    Participant
    3 pts

If it’s sports-related.

Glad to answer. Hope to have some basketball recruiting news after this weekend.

• #6776 Score: 0

jme
    Participant
    4 pts

A commitment or just a visitor?

• #13287 Score: 0

shaquille
      Participant
      1 pt

Faatui Tuitele is the best DL ever to come out from Hawaii! Better than Deforest Buckner! He’s leaning towards USC! He’s class of 2019 and was Tua’s teammate at St. Louis HS Tua’s senior year. Best DL I have ever seen play! most dominant player I have ever seen play HS football in Hawaii from when he was a sophomore. Do not let him go to USC! He’s too good to go there. they enough kids from Hawaii!

• #6777 Score: 0

jme
    Participant
    4 pts

Also if we do not upgrade facilities to help with basketball recruiting does CAJ bolt for a better job?

• #6844 Score: 0

Bryant91092
    Participant
    1 pt

Since Fleming cancelled his A&M visit, do you think he’s joining Butler on campus tomorrow?

• #6845 Score: 0

jme
    Participant
    4 pts

I believe Butler was there today

• #6846 Score: 0

Cecil Hurt
    Participant
    3 pts

To answer both…

I don’t expect Fleming until his scheduled visit at the end of the month.

Butler hasn’t indicated that he will commit but we will see how the visit goes.

• #7044 Score: 0

Bryant91092
    Participant
    1 pt

Cecil, anything on the basketball visitors from this weekend? I heard things went well, but I’ve never heard a visit was bad to be honest.

• #7085 Score: 0

Cecil Hurt
    Participant
    3 pts

Visits are usually good.

Think it’s Alabama or Texas for Butler.

Most of the staff visits this week have been juniors.

Georgetown (Ewing) had an in-home with Fleming on Tuesday.

• #7444 Score: 0

Jackets13
    Participant

Cecil, you haven’t addressed the basketball facilities. I have heard two scenarios. One, we upgrade the current Coleman Coliseum. Second, we build from scratch. What are your thoughts?

• #7454 Score: 0

Bryant91092
    Participant
    1 pt

I saw where Butler is down to Virginia, Baylor, and Bama. You heard anything about the staff’s confidence in landing him?

• #7455 Score: 0

Cecil Hurt
    Participant
    3 pts

On facilities: I would rather build from scratch but admit that it’s not my money. Easy to spend someone else’s

They feel good about Butler but it’s not over.

• #7620 Score: 0

Mankind
    Participant

Cecil, may we infer anything from Robinson playing RB Saturday vs Vandy. Most thought he would RS.
    TIA

• #7684 Score: 0

Bryant91092
    Participant
    1 pt

My next question for cecil would be is Alabama basketball screwed? I fear people are about to be declared ineligible.

• #8468 Score: 0

Cecil Hurt
    Participant
    3 pts

Everyone is practicing at this poin. Alabama doesn’t expect that to change but the investigation is ongoing. We may get an update from Avery by Friday.

• #8914 Score: 0

teaitup
    Participant

How does this years defense compare in team speed to other Alabama teams?

• #9485 Score: 0

Cecil Hurt
    Participant
    3 pts

Not sure it’s the fastest secondary but it’s fundamentally good and quicker at the safeties. Tony Brown has blinding speed. Evans is a blistering-the-grass speed at LB. NO one is Tim Williams off the edge.

teaitup likes this

• #12321 Score: 0

CNSISTHEMAN
    Participant

Cecil

Any truth to the rumor Tua sees playing time on padding situations in the Natty?

• #13521 Score: 0

CNSISTHEMAN
    Participant

Ginger or Mary Ann?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HOT NEWS