Ask Tommy Deas

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Tommy Deas
    Participant
    2 pts

Ask me anything.

I reserve the right to not answer stupid questions, trolls or anything else I choose. But you can ask me!

• #6751 Score: 0

jme
    Participant
    4 pts

When did you know Saban was our man?
    Did you ever think he would have this much success?
    Are we getting a new basketball arena?

• #6753 Score: 0

Tommy Deas
    Participant
    2 pts

I thought RichRod was going to be the coach until he turned it down. Then I wasn’t sure about the ‘wait it out on Saban until the NFL season is over’ strategy because it could easily have backfired.

So I’ll say that while I knew he was in the mix, I didn’t believe Alabama had Saban until it broke. Although I was feeling it was more likely the more he tried to not deny it to the Miami press (even though he finally did deny it).

I honestly believed he’d win A national championship. Nobody in the world thought he’d be as dominant as he has been. But I knew he would win. I wasn’t sure he’d stay much past five years, based on his track record, but I figured he’d win a ring and if he left, he’d leave the program in better shape than he found it.

There are no plans for a new basketball arena.

Easy to spend other peoples’ money. Alabama spent like $40M on a new baseball stadium that “everyone” wanted … and got like $15M in contributions to actually pay for it. There’s a lesson there.

Tearing down Coleman and building a new arena would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100M.

If I were AD, every time someone asked me about that or said that UA needs a new arena, my question would be, “How much can I put you down for?”

• #6851 Score: 0

rockymax
    Participant

What is your take on the Auburn softball situation? Any idea as to the new coach? Will their program competiveness be impacted? Thanks.

• #7043 Score: 0

Tommy Deas
    Participant
    2 pts

Not sure where they will go for a new coach. Yes, their competitiveness will likely be impacted, regardless.

It’s an odd time to be hiring a coach, I’m sure a lot of coaches would be reluctant to leave where they’re at in September, with fall practices coming up and such. I’m interested to see what they do.

• #8086 Score: 0

Tommy Deas
    Participant
    2 pts

C’mon, somebody out there has a question. Bring it!

• #8198 Score: 0

jme
    Participant
    4 pts

Alright Deas this has no answer (hopefully) but would like your guess
    How much longer does the greatest foitball ever coach?

• #9624 Score: 0

Nathan
    Participant

Could you recommend a place to get good Cajun food around Tuscaloosa? Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

- Advertisement -